Supporting Emotional Health
The Stress Response
Worry, fear, and panic are all part of the same family that triggers the stress response. The stress response is as normal as breathing. It’s your body’s natural defense mechanism to keep you safe, but today, with COVID-19, our stress response is in overdrive!
Fear and stress are literally hijacking our brains, and our ability to function, while compromising our immune systems.
Learn how . . .
How do we overcome the hijack?
Taking back control of or autonomic system is a two step process:
- Recognize when your auto-response (your sympathetic nervous system) kicks in and how it shows up in your mind and your body.
- Have a basket full of tools and techniques to shift the stress response and reconnect with our natural state of calm.
Emergent WorkForce™ Emotional Health and Resilience Program
The Sound Wellness Institute has created a 2 hour video program to provide the tools and understanding to shift the stress response, and to return to our natural state of calm.
It contains modules on:
- supports a shift in mindset, as to how we view events and the news around us.
The module on Perceptual Intelligence offers tools to shift the perception, restoring control back to the parasympathetic division. People will feel calmer, and more relaxed, restoring focus and concentration, and by minimizing the stress response, the nitric oxide cycle is restored supporting our immune system.
More on Perceptual Intelligence . . .
- restores a position of being grounded, centered, and present.
- awakens the awareness of our surroundings, and to minimize the risk of others transmitting the virus to us.
Mindfulness a powerful tool for creating relaxation, calm, peacefulness, and focus. It can reduce anxiety and depression and reduce stress, while improving attitudes, behaviours, and performance
More on Mindfulness . . .
- provides powerful tools designed to stimulate nitric oxide production – a major contributor to our immune systems, and tools to reduce stress, alleviating the fear and worry.
Sound and music are our most ancient healers, and today, science has validated their role in supporting and restoring health and well-being. And the best part is that it’s non-invasive, drug-free, fast and easy
More on Sound Wellness . . .