Emergent WorkForce Breakthrough Curriculum
Allotted Time: ½ hour
We begin with a brief introduction to the program. This will include the format of the learning experiences, simple ground rules, and expectations.
Emotional Intelligence – Level 1
Allotted Time: 3 hours
This module will enable participants to practice applying emotional intelligence techniques towards creating a collaborative environment. Participants will expand their emotional literacy, enhancing their resilience and adaptability.
They will learn how to ‘attune’ to others and create conditions for collaborative change.
This segment is highly experiential. Concepts are entrenched through the use of Emotional Intelligence Level 1 Card Decks (provided in the course materials).
- Emotional intelligence basics and the impact it has in all areas of life.
- How to move to Collaborative Change.
- The art of permission and inquiry.
- How to use emotional attunement.
- Moving from monologue to dialogue.
Allotted Time: 1 ½ hours
Mindfulness has a significant impact on communication and safety.
It is a proven way to reduce stress and improve health (physical, emotional and mental), thereby reducing absenteeism.
In this interactive module you’ll discover what mindfulness is and how it works. You’ll also learn simple, effective mindfulness tools – such as meditative and breathing techniques to increase Presence, Calm, Focus and Performance – and have some fun! Thirty+ years of research show that Mindfulness benefits also include Reduced Anxiety and Depression, Improved Attitudes and Strengthened Relationships.
The Mindfulness module provides effective tools and techniques to help you incorporate Mindfulness (defined as being fully present to the moment in non-judgmental awareness) into all aspects of your personal and professional life to feel calmer, more relaxed, yet focused, and enrich your interpersonal relations.
- Increased Understanding and Empathy.
- Improved Attitudes and Behaviors.
- Improved Communication and Safety.
- Reduced Stress, Anxiety and Depression.
- Increased Clarity and Focus resulting in Improved Performance.
Allotted Time: ½ hour
The interactive game presented in this segment effectively illuminates the need for clear, concise communication. Engagement in the game illustrates the frustration and breakdown that quickly occur with lack of information and clarity of purpose. Discussion after the game reveals the unseen barriers that can exist between levels of management and promotes a team approach to improving communication within your organization.
- Shift from communications that are vague and potentially misleading to clear and concise.
- Improved clarity in communications with team members allowing for enhanced performance.
Allotted Time: 1 hour
We all have our own perceptions. It has been said that there is no one truth for our individual truths have been coloured by our perceptions and beliefs, our upbringing and past experience.
This module is an awakening to our perceptual filters, and explores ways to understand how perceptual filters affect communication – opening the door to kindness, wisdom and compassion.
This is the foundation for those working with others, as it opens an individual to recognizing, and even expecting different points of view.
- Investigation of sensory perception and how perceptual filters affect us.
- Understanding how our perception is filtered by our beliefs.
- Creating clarity of perception and its role in communication.
AN EXERCISE IN GRATITUDE
Allotted Time: ¾ hour
One of the guiding principles for the Emergent WorkForce program is to raise the collective (vibrational) energy such that each person is in the right space and the right mindset to seek their highest potential.
Much of our angst, our negativity, depression, and even much of our own self esteem, comes from our perceptions. This segment is about observing and understanding those perceptions through the eyes of perceptual intelligence. It’s very easy to cling to the negative, while setting aside all the positives that influence us every day. In this segment, participants investigate the power of gratitude to shift perception resulting in a complete shift of emotional state.
- Investigation of what participants are grateful for in each of eight different areas of life.
- Implementation of the list during times of challenge throughout the next month.
- Expansion of ability in managing emotions with a powerful re-framing tool.
WRAP-UP AND DE-BRIEF
Allotted Time: ¼ hour
Presentation of Certificates of Completion, completion of evaluation forms, closing.
Download for Printing